Our hectic lifestyle and workloads make our life unhealthy. Stressful environment and craving for junk food give us an unhealthy body.
And as a result, our body starts growing fat. Our body’s most of the fats are deposited under tummy and thighs.
This eventually raises the risk of diseases and ill health. But by following the proper diet and fitness routine one loses weight fast.
There are a various sweating way to burn fats and calories like exercise, jogging, swimming, running, cycling and hiking.
However, there is one more effective alternative to lose weight fast and naturally – Losing Weight with Yoga
Yoga is performed from ancient time, great rishis and ascetics used it to connect with the soul and bring harmony between body and mind.
This holistic way can heal and maintain your overall health. But when it comes to losing weight we get a picture of exercise, cycling, jogging, walking, running and jumping and most of us don’t relate yoga with weight loss.
But the fact is that Yoga and Weight loss are closely related to each other. Yoga not only helps you to lose weight but even control the body and soul. It gives mental peace as well.
So today in this article, I am going to describe the best Camel Pose yoga or Ustrasana for losing weight fast.
Camel Pose or Ustrasana Yoga
Ustra = Camel: Asana = Posture or Pose and this is why it is also known as Camel Pose.
This is the best pose for fat peoples as it targets three most stubborn parts where the stubborn fat are stored – tummy, back and thighs.
This Camel pose yoga even helps in opening up the chest and lungs, improve the flexibility of chest, neck and abdomen, strengthen back muscles and stimulate the thyroid gland.
What You Should Know Before You Do Asana
Camel pose yoga is highly beneficial; it is an amazing back bend yoga so should be performed in morning along with other yoga.
However, if you are quite busy due to the morning schedule then evening yoga routine also work wonders for you.
Well, Ustrasana is beneficial if practised when the stomach and bowels are empty. So if you are looking to practise it in the evening then make sure you had your meals at least 4-6 hours before practising.
Beginner’s Tips for Camel Pose Yoga or Ustrasana
When you start camel pose yoga it might be difficult for you to reach for your feet with your hands, without strain in your back or neck.
You can turn your toes, and lift your heels. If you still can’t reach your legs then use the wooden block in your both hands.
Ushtrasana Steps & Pose for Losing Weight Fast
Steps of Ustrasana or Camel Pose Yoga:
- Come to your knees and legs hip-width apart. Put a soft cloth under you to prevent pain. Now place your hands on your hips, thumbs on the sacrum, the bony plate at the base of your spine. Keep your hips over your knees and rotate your thighs internally, squeezing them toward each other.
- Inhale to involve your lower belly and reach your tailbone toward your knees by creating a gap between your lower vertebrae.
- With another inhalation, lift your sternum, draw your elbow toward each other, and let your rib cage to expand.
- Keep your chest raised, spine long, core engaged, and your chin tucked when you drop your hands toward your heels.
- Press the palm of your hand into the heels of your feet while wrapping the fingers around soles. Keep your sternum raised.
- Lift your shoulders to let the trapezius muscles between your shoulder blades to rise up and pillow your cervical spine. Now gently lower the head and neck and look at the tip of your nose.
- To exit this yoga pose, bring your chin back toward your chest and keep your hands on your hips with thumbs on your sacrum. Use your hands to supports your lower back and come up slowly.
Follow the given Ustrasana steps and lose weight easily.
Mistakes You Need to Avoid while Doing Ustrasana:
- DON’T pinch your shoulders together, stressing your neck.
- DON’T crunch your lower back by squeezing butt, pushing knees wider than hip-width apart, or pooching your belly.
Science Behind Camel Pose Yoga or Ustrasana
This asana is the amazing stretch and opens up the front of your body, including your pectoral muscles and hip flexors. It even tones your limbs, chest, thighs, and abdomen. Basically, your entire frontal region and sides of your body are involved in this asana.
It also works on respiratory, circulatory, lymphatic, endocrine, skeletal, and on digestive systems. Whether you are suffering from diabetes, spondylitis, asthma, parathyroid, thyroid, or bronchitis this yoga asana works as a therapy on all of them.
Even doctors recommend this yoga to people who are obese and suffering from kidneys or reproductive systems. It can also heal constipation, colitis, and dyspepsia.
Kundalini stream of yoga says that this asana can awaken and open heart chakra.
You may also like:
Precautions And Contraindications
If you are new then it is advised to practice the Camel pose yoga under the supervision of yoga instructor.
Well, you need to avoid this asana, if you are suffering from back or neck injury or suffering from low or high blood pressure. People who are suffering from insomnia or migraines are also advised to avoid this asana.
Ustrasana Benefits (Camel Pose)
Well, we all know losing weight with yoga is very beneficial, but they are many other Ustrasana benefits check them out:
- This asana can improve your digestion as it massages your internal organs.
- It helps to lessen pain in the lower back.
- Opens your chest and frontal portions of the torso.
- Strengthens your back and shoulders.
- Makes your spine more flexible and helps you to get better posture.
- Also dismisses menstrual discomfort.
These are some of the camel pose yoga benefits, apart from weight loss.
Hope you found this article helpful and start performing Ustrasana from now onwards.
Well, I tried my best to provide the complete information about Ustrasana steps and benefits.
Start doing the Camel Pose Yoga and get the slim sexy body.
Apart from that, you can also maintain your health and other diseases with the Ustrasana.
So feel free to do this yoga…